Team #DiscoverAmari spent a sunny Sunday morning exploring Bangkok’s historical royal landmark the Grand Palace complex and the impressive Wat Arun temple just across the river from the complex. Located just 30 minutes from the Amari Watergate Bangkok hotel, it’s a great way to spend half a day getting a glimpse into Thailand’s rich cultural and regal heritage.
Check out the photos from our recent excursion with media professionals from the UK and learn interesting information and facts about the amazing buildings and temples we saw.
Important tips to remember when planning to visit the Grand Palace and Wat Arun:
- Wear long pants and shirts with sleeves. Your ankles and shoulders must to be covered at all times in the Grand Palace complex and Wat Arun.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses and apply sunscreen.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. Closed shoes only. No open toe shoes allowed.
- Keep a bottle of water with you as it can get very hot.
- Bring a camera. Small point-and-shoot cameras are allowed but some video cameras and cameras with large lenses / zoom may not be permitted.
- It is best to visit the Grand Palace complex and Wat Arun with a pre-booked guided tour. Often these tours will include pick up from and drop off to your hotel.
Stay tuned to our blog and look out for the #DiscoverAmari hashtag on our social media channels (Facebook, Google+, Instagram and Twitter.) for exciting new sites to visit, places to eat and things to do with Amari!