It’s Time To Get Those Running Shoes On Again!
Every year Amari Watergate Bangkok and BMW Thailand hold a Charity Midnight Run on the streets of Bangkok. Entering its 18th year, this massive event will take place at midnight on Saturday 17 October 2015 and is sure to draw huge crowds and media attention, with thousands of runners competing in 6 and 12 kilometre races respectively.
It’s a great chance to witness Bangkok’s only race to be held at midnight and also to see a different side of the Thai capital’s city streets, which is typically jammed with bumper-to-bumper traffic but will be cordoned off thanks to the help and support of the local authorities.
The event brings a fantastic mix of international and local professional runners, as well as families and friends, who come together to be a part of this great cause. And of course to make it even more fun many turn up in fancy dress and there’s a special Winner of the Fancy Dress trophy award so suit up!
Midnight Run Routes and Map
Both races will start and and finish at Amari Watergate Bangkok, with the 6 kilometre route being on the normally bustling Petchburi Road and the turn around point being at the Asok intersection while runners on the 12 kilometre route will continue down Petchburi Road towards Bangkok Hospital and turn around near the Thonglor intersection.
Raise Millions at Midnight For Charity
The funds raised from this charity event will be put to three very important causes:
- Chalerm Prakiat School Lampoon – supports the education of those unfortunate children whose parents have tragically passed away due to HIV infection
- Baan Gerda Lopburi – a home which supports HIV infected and orphaned children
- The Baht for a Better Life Project
Last year, over 7,000 runners gathered for the Amari Watergate Bangkok and BMW Thailand Charity Midnight Run and managed to raise over 5 Million Baht, and we’re looking to match and hopefully exceed that number this year!
Here are all the details:
Time: Midnight, 17 October 2015 – 00:00AM (Saturday midnight)
Start and Finish: Amari Watergate Bangkok
Distance: 6km and 12km
Application Fee: To apply for the 6-km and 12-km runs, there are two (2) fee options:
- 500 THB
- 1,000 THB, including a raffle entry for the chance to win accommodation vouchers from ONYX Hospitality Group and a BMW car to use during the stay at the hotel, as well as many other fabulous prizes, such as air tickets, accommodation and others. Also for the first time this year, 12km runners will be measured using a time chip.
Registration: Online by clicking here until 9 October or in person at the Amari Watergate lobby.
Running numbers: T-shirts will be available from now until 16 October 2015 between 09:00 and 20:00. Running numbers will be available from 12 to 16 October 2015 between 09:00 and 20:00 at Amari Watergate Bangkok.
Competition Rules: International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) standard regulations
Awards: We are honoured to announce that both the male and female winners of the 12-km race will be presented with a “Royal Trophy” from HRH Princess Sirindhorn. In addition:
- All participants will receive a T-shirt.
- The first five finishers of each category will receive a trophy.**
- The top three running clubs that bring the most members will receive a commemorative Midnight Run wooden plaque.
- Winner of the Fancy Dress competition will receive a trophy.
*Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings.
**Only the first place finisher in the Family category will receive a trophy.
Exclusive ‘Midnight Run Package’ at Amari Watergate Bangkok
A hotel package especially for the event, which conveniently starts and finished right outside the hotel. Includes tickets to the 18th Charity Midnight Run, Executive Lounge Benefits, Free Upgrade, Late Check-out and a 60-Minutes Massage at Breeze Spa – a perfect way to unwind after the race! Book now: http://goo.gl/Gex3Oc
So get your running shoes on and we’ll see you there!
Photos From 17th Charity Midnight Run
For more information visit our website.