5 Cool Things Within Walking Distance of the Amari Watergate BangkokJune 21, 2011 / byAnkita Sodhia / Categories : Amari Watergate Bangkok, Bangkok, Destinations, Hotels, Interests, Sightseeing
Staying at the Amari Watergate Bangkok but don’t feel like braving the traffic? Check out these 5 cool things to do in Bangkok that are within a short walk of the hotel.
- Platinum Fashion Mall – A mishmash of clothing and other goods located directly across the street, this expansive shopping mall is best for buying wholesale items. You will get a good deal if you buy 3 shirts instead of one. Open every day from 9:00 – 20:00 – check out their website here.
- Pratunam Market – Encapsulating the surrounding area is one of Bangkok’s best markets for buying everything from textiles to knock-off designer goods. You could quite feasibly spend a day exploring this market and not see the whole thing. Open from around 9:00 to 18:00 – bargaining is recommended to secure the best deals.
- Pantip Plaza – From the front of the Amari Watergate take a right, cross the foot bridge, continue to the right and you’ll run into Pantip Plaza – Bangkok’s go to IT hub. Here you can find everything related to electronics imaginable. There’s also a tasty food court. Check out their website for more.
- The Ganesha Shrine – If you’re tired of shopping malls and looking for a little spiritual illumination check out this shrine just in front of Central World. Visitors here seek artistic success and accomplishment.
- Chicken Rice Vendors – The ubiquitous Thai ‘Kow Mon Gai’ or Chicken Rice is a staple dish in Thailand. Fortunately the Amari Watergate is located just across the street from one of the best vendors in Bangkok that only sells non-egg laying female chicken meat. From the front of the hotel cross the street and take a left. Cross the street again and look for the vendors in pink shirts.
Stay tuned for more cool things to see around this bustling area. Have some suggestions? Leave a comment below!
You may also Like
Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0 As of 2017, the idyllic Koh Samui still does not offer a standardised public transportation system. Most people think getting around Koh Samui can be frustrating and expensive. However, you’ll be surprised to learn that it’s not difficult to get around the island at all! Quick Facts […]read more
Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0 A trip to Bangkok. When you read these words, it’s very likely you’re thinking of: Shopping in Pratunam A business trip on Wireless Road Sightseeing majestic temples in old Bangkok Partying the night away on Sukhumvit or Silom However, another reason many visit Bangkok is for its excellent […]read more