5 Cool Things Within Walking Distance of the Amari Watergate BangkokJune 21, 2011 / byAnkita Sodhia / Categories : Amari Watergate Bangkok, Bangkok, Destinations, Hotels, Interests, Sightseeing
Staying at the Amari Watergate Bangkok but don’t feel like braving the traffic? Check out these 5 cool things to do in Bangkok that are within a short walk of the hotel.
- Platinum Fashion Mall – A mishmash of clothing and other goods located directly across the street, this expansive shopping mall is best for buying wholesale items. You will get a good deal if you buy 3 shirts instead of one. Open every day from 9:00 – 20:00 – check out their website here.
- Pratunam Market – Encapsulating the surrounding area is one of Bangkok’s best markets for buying everything from textiles to knock-off designer goods. You could quite feasibly spend a day exploring this market and not see the whole thing. Open from around 9:00 to 18:00 – bargaining is recommended to secure the best deals.
- Pantip Plaza – From the front of the Amari Watergate take a right, cross the foot bridge, continue to the right and you’ll run into Pantip Plaza – Bangkok’s go to IT hub. Here you can find everything related to electronics imaginable. There’s also a tasty food court. Check out their website for more.
- The Ganesha Shrine – If you’re tired of shopping malls and looking for a little spiritual illumination check out this shrine just in front of Central World. Visitors here seek artistic success and accomplishment.
- Chicken Rice Vendors – The ubiquitous Thai ‘Kow Mon Gai’ or Chicken Rice is a staple dish in Thailand. Fortunately the Amari Watergate is located just across the street from one of the best vendors in Bangkok that only sells non-egg laying female chicken meat. From the front of the hotel cross the street and take a left. Cross the street again and look for the vendors in pink shirts.
Stay tuned for more cool things to see around this bustling area. Have some suggestions? Leave a comment below!
You may also Like
Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0 Don’t be a tourist: be a traveller. Travel has become so much more than a word: it’s a multifaceted lifestyle. But, whether you’re a seasoned globetrotter, or a fresh explorer who’s looking for a fun vacation, Amari has everything you’re looking for. To help you better plan your next destination, we’ve created […]read more
Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0 One of Asia’s major international hubs, Bangkok has been growing, especially with the many available international cuisines across the city. But there’s one delicious spot has made a name for itself among locals and foreigners alike. Originally from the streets of New York (circa 1977) is one of Bangkok’s […]read more