5 Cool Things Within Walking Distance of the Amari Watergate BangkokJune 21, 2011 / byLaura Rand / Categories : Amari Watergate Bangkok, Bangkok, Destinations, Hotels, Interests, Sightseeing
Staying at the Amari Watergate Bangkok but don’t feel like braving the traffic? Check out these 5 cool things to do in Bangkok that are within a short walk of the hotel.
- Platinum Fashion Mall – A mishmash of clothing and other goods located directly across the street, this expansive shopping mall is best for buying wholesale items. You will get a good deal if you buy 3 shirts instead of one. Open every day from 9:00 – 20:00 – check out their website here. Keep in mind that Platinum Fashion Mall also offers seasonal festivals right outside their entrance!
- Pratunam Market – Encapsulating the surrounding area is one of Bangkok’s best markets for buying everything from textiles to knock-off designer goods. You could quite feasibly spend a day exploring this market and not see the whole thing. Open from around 9:00 to 18:00 – bargaining is recommended to secure the best deals.
- Pantip Plaza – From the front of the Amari Watergate take a right, cross the foot bridge, continue to the right and you’ll run into Pantip Plaza – Bangkok’s go to IT hub. Here you can find everything related to electronics imaginable. There’s also a tasty food court. Check out their website for more.
- The Ganesha Shrine – If you’re tired of shopping malls and looking for a little spiritual illumination check out this shrine just in front of Central World. Visitors here seek artistic success and accomplishment.
- Chicken Rice Vendors – The ubiquitous Thai ‘Kow Mon Gai’ or Chicken Rice is a staple dish in Thailand. Fortunately the Amari Watergate is located just across the street from one of the best vendors in Bangkok that only sells non-egg laying female chicken meat. From the front of the hotel cross the street and take a left. Cross the street again and look for the vendors in pink shirts.
Stay tuned for more cool things to see around this bustling area. Have some suggestions? Leave a comment below!
You may also Like
Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0 Bangkok is notorious for its traffic. Become an effective urban navigator this city with our tips to using local public transportation – namely the Bangkok BTS! From Amari Watergate Bangkok: There are two stations accessible by foot: BTS Chit Lom and BTS Ratchathewi. Both are a 10-15 […]read more
Tweet Share 0 Reddit +1 Pocket LinkedIn 0 Thailand is known for many great things: beautiful beaches, exotic temples and historical sites. But one of the craziest and most legendary stories you’ll hear of happened at the Full Moon Party. How did the Full Moon Party happen? Years ago, a group of tourists threw a huge […]read more