Unique insights on the Amari lifestyle brought to you in full colour
A perfect location right in the middle of all the action of Sukhumvit – Amari Boulevard is the ideal place from which to explore this exciting city. Here’s our list of 5 fun things to do in the vicinity.
1) Shop till you drop – Sukhumvit is known for every kind of shopping experience you could imagine – from designer name brands to cool local crafts.
2) Cool off with a drink – Stop off at one of the many beer gardens or local pubs for a sip or two before continuing on – and be sure to take advantage of happy hours in the area.
3) Thai massage – Yes, a massage can be fun – especially when it is a traditional Thai reflexology massage. You will leave refreshed and ready to discover more of the city.
4) Test your palate – Sukhumvit has hundreds of local food stalls where you can test the meddle of your palate with super spicy Thai dishes. But beware – these dishes are not for the faint of heart!
5) Get accessorized – Sukhumvit is great for getting that perfect fitting suit or tailored made dress. And the experience is fun when you’re saving money while feeling like a celebrity.
Krabi – It’s hard to beat Krabi when it comes to atmosphere. Magnificent white sand beaches, towering boulders rising from the azure sea, and emerald jungles teeming with flora. All of these things make Krabi our top pick for a romantic getaway.
Phuket – Coming in a close second is the world renowned tropical island of Phuket. Offering guests a little bit of everything – from awesome beaches to the exciting parties of Patong – Phuket has a little bit of everything for couples.
Koh Samui – Another one of Thailand’s beautiful islands – Samui offers couples the best of both relaxation and adventure. Take a romantic stroll along the beach or join the famous full moon party with your loved one – Samui is known around the world for good reason.
Bangkok – So this pick may seem a bit out of place among our list of tropical beaches – but the Thai capital can indeed be a romantic place. Dine high above the city at one of the many rooftop restaurants or take an enchanting cruise on the river. Bangkok gives you and your loved one a chance to enjoy as much seclusion or excitement as you wish.
Koh Chang – Perhaps the most peaceful place on our list – Koh Chang is Thailand’s hidden island gem ideal for a romantic getaway. Lounge near the turquoise waters or explore the verdant jungles – Koh Chang offers a charming yet exotic refuge from the bustle of modern life.
What are your picks?
If you’re planning to celebrate the New Year in Bangkok be sure to remember the following things to make your night smooth and fun.
Be aware of your surroundings – This sounds obvious – but with all those libations it’s easy to lose track of what’s going on around you.
Choose where to party wisely – Expect enormous crowds if you’re going to any of the big celebrations. Consider a more low key party at a local restaurant or pub to keep things simple.
Expect to pay more for taxis – Taxis are notorious for charging exorbitant prices when celebrations end. Consider a place within a short walk of your hotel for festivities.
Take advantage of the BTS SkyTrain – The BTS is open a little later on New Year’s Eve (closes around 2AM) so consider it instead of expensive taxis.
Party responsibly – We don’t mean to be a downer – but this time of the year is known for a spike in traffic accidents so be vigilant and always have a designated driver.
Get notified when a new post is published.