Every year Amari Watergate Bangkok and BMW Thailand hold a Charity Midnight Run on the streets of Bangkok. Entering its 16th term this massive event will take place on Saturday 19 October 2013 and is sure to draw huge crowds and media attention, with more than thousands of runners competing in 6 and 12 kilometre races respectively. It’s a great chance to witness Bangkok’s only race to be held during the evening time, and also to see a different side of the Thai capital’s city streets, typically jammed with bumper-to-bumper traffic, cordoned off thanks to the help and support of the local authorities.
Both races will start and and finishing at Amari Watergate Bangkok, with the 6 kilometre route being on the normally bustling Petchburi Road. Runners on the 12 kilometre route will also briefly be diverted onto Sukhumvit Road, Thailand’s longest road and some its side streets, before returning back onto the finishing line on Petchburi Road.
The event brings a fantastic mix of international and local professional runners, as well as families and friends, who come together to be a part of this great cause. Many turn up in fancy dress, which only contributes to the already fun and cheerful atmosphere!
The funds raised from this charity event will be put to three very important causes:
- Chalerm Prakiat School Lampoon – supports the education of those unfortunate children whose parents have tragically passed away due to HIV infection
- Baan Gerda Lopburi – a home which supports HIV infected and orphaned children
- The Vaht for a Better Life Project
Last year, over 5,100 runners gathered for the Amari Watergate Bangkok and BMW Thailand Midnight Run for charity managed to raise over 3.3 Million Baht, and we’re looking to match and hopefully exceed that number this year!
Interested in taking part in this charitable cause? Submit your application by filling out the application form here, which you can submit at the Concierge in the Lobby of the Amari Watergate Bangkok. Entry fees (all of which are donated) start at 400 Baht. Alternatively, you can purchase a 1,000 Baht ticket which includes entry into the Grand Raffle, where there are 22 prizes up for grabs:
- Two International Return Air Tickets – Air Asia
- Two Domestic Return Air Tickets – Air Asia
- Two Return Air Tickets – Bangkok-Yangon-Bangkok – Myanmar Airways
- One Return Air Ticket – Bangkok-Kathmandu-Bangkok – Nepal Airlines
- Oris Watch – valued at 30,000 Baht
- 6 Gift vouchers – Basic Health Check-up – each for one persons
- 2 Gift vouchers – Chaophraya Cruise – each voucher for two persons
- Gift vouchers – Siam Ocean World – the Biggest Aquarium in Southeast Asia
- Gift vouchers – Madame Tussauds Bangkok
- 5 Gift vouchers – Chalachol Salon
- 2-night complimentary stay in a Superior room for 2 persons – Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui
- 2-night complimentary stay in a Superior room for 2 persons – Angkhang Nature Resort
- 1-night complimentary stay in a Superior room for 2 persons – Amari Orchid Pattaya
- 2-night stay in a Superior room for 2 persons – Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
- 2-night stay in a Superior room for 2 persons @ Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
- 2-night complimentary stay in a Superior room for 2 persons – Amari Coral Beach Phuket
- 2-night complimentary stay in a Deluxe room for two persons – Amari Emerald Cove Koh Chang
- 2-night complimentary stay in a Studio Deluxe room for two persons – Amari Residences Bangkok
- 2-night complimentary stay in a Deluxe room for two persons – Amari Hua Hin
- 2-night complimentary stay in a Deluxe room for two persons – Loei Palace
- Food and Beverage voucher valued at 1,000 Baht – Henry J. Beans Amari Don Muang Airport
- Complimentary Buffet Lunch for two persons at Peppermill Restaurant – Amari Boulevard Bangkok
Are you planning on competing? Amari Watergate Bangkok has put together a package especially for the event, which conveniently starts and finished right outside the hotel. The package INCLUDES tickets to the 16th Charity Midnight Run, as well as 20% off food at the hotel’s restaurants, and 15% discount at Breeze Spa – a perfect way to unwind after the race! Book now: http://goo.gl/A3lKFE.
So get your running shoes on and we’ll see you there!